Part 1 of 2
Series 4 Article 30
Using visuals including photos, graphics and videos will increase your traffic and keep your potential clients on your website longer than a well written website. Don’t get me wrong, wording is extremely important for search engine optimization, but it’s the visuals that will keep people on your website.
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual. Visuals are processed 60,000X faster in the brain than text. This means any information you want to communicate is better communicated in the form of an image. It also means that, for an internet user skimming your website you’ll be able to communicate more value, quicker.
- Videos on landing pages increase average page conversion rates by 86%.
- Visual content is social-media-ready and social-media-friendly. It’s easily sharable and easily palatable. Social engagement is becoming more important for your business’ search engine optimization. Images on social media get more engagement than links or text. Images on your website have a higher chance of being shared than anything else.
- Businesses who market with infographics grow in traffic an average of 12% more than those who don’t. Infographics are a visually appealing way to communicate information quickly and easily to your audience. Infographics are not only awesome for brand awareness and social-media sharing, they’re also referenced more frequently than any other pieces of content – increasing their reach exponentially.
- Posts with visuals receive 94% more page visits and engagement than those without. People are naturally more attracted to images than they are links or text. Facebook posts with an image receive, on average, more than twice as many comments as those without. Photo albums on Facebook receive 180% more engagement than a normal post.