eCommerce by WooCommerce
“Giving you to control to sell anything. Beautifully.”
Two thirds (69 percent) of US adults shop online. eCommerce is the new way of buying that involves neither cash nor transportation—at least not in the traditional sense. You just sit in your armchair, click your mouse a few times, enter your credit card number, and wait for the goods to show up on your doorstep. eCommerce has grown enormously in the last decade, making life more convenient for consumers and opening up all kinds of new opportunities for businesses. Stats from Mintel’s Online Shopping US 2015 report.
I use WooCommerce as my eCommerce solution on my websites. As of 2016, WooCommerce has been downloaded 7 million times. WooCommerce is built to integrate seamlessly with WordPress, which is the world’s most popular and powerful method for creating a website. Why not benefit from both?
WooCommerce takes care of everything – Taxes on items per city and country, shipping charges through any carrier anywhere in the world, and connects to any payment Gateway including Paypal and Stripe.
- Built for WordPress: WooCommerce is built to integrate seamlessly with WordPress, making it the obvious eCommerce choice for existing WordPress users and connecting you to the fast-growing WordPress ecosystem.
- Sell anything, anywhere: From real products and digital downloads to subscriptions, content and even your time, you’ll be able to set up a WooCommerce store to sell worldwide (or by country, as you wish).
- Mobile friendly: WooCommerce is designed to ensure your store and products look as good on a desktop computer as they do on your customers mobile phones. You can even turn your existing WooCommerce store into a mobile app with no custom coding by using a few third party tools/services.
- Scalability: WooCommerce can scale with you as you grow your business. From selling one product to thousands, and from your first order to your millionth, WooCommerce will be able to scale and ride the wave with you.
- Own your data: Keeping your data independent of any third party software platform gives you complete control of your business and future. It’s also a safer experience for your customers, as the only person they share their personal information with is you.
- Secure code: WooCommerce is audited by Sucuri, the industry leader in plugin security, to ensure that it adheres to WordPress best practices and coding standards, and is kept secure and up-to-date.